I’m switching to a MWF publishing schedule!
A couple of things had to change in order for this to happen:
1) I got rid of color. Coloring a strip really makes it pop, and I was satisfied with how things turned out, but it took too damn long to do. And I wasn’t having any fun doing it.
2) I cut the strip in half. I felt like the strip was too long, too wordy, and that I was just jamming too much in, while still only producing something once a week. It just wasn’t working. Plus if I only drew 4 or 5 panels per strip, I could produce them faster, and strangely enough, produce more work in the same amount of time. Weird.
So the result of these changes are:
I can produce more comics, faster. In this new format, I can produce one strip in about 1.5 to 2 hours. That means, I can just about finish a strip every morning before anyone in my house is awake!
A great way to start the day, feeling like I’ve accomplished something.
I also get more practice in as a cartoonist. My goal is to produce a strip every weekday. So that means 5 times a week, I’m sketching, lettering, pencilling, inking, and toning a comic strip.
I’ve been doing it for the last few weeks and I can really see and feel the difference. Feels great.
There’s a 3 week buffer of strips at this point (and its growing), I’m currently writing the next story arc, and I’m not slowing down.
I hope you like the changes. More is to come.
I’ll be redesigning the site in the coming months and producing a book collecting past strips, and attending my first convention in November.
Thanks for reading!